At the rate designers are going, soon the entire world will be sustainable (hurray!), and one of the many pieces of technology to be thankful for is being utilized in these Turbine Lights.
Designed by TAK Studio, they entered the Turbine Lights into the Greener Gadgets 2010 competition. Using the wind generated by vehicles whipping by them, the Turbine Lights have a lot of potential. One major criticism is the fact that cars may not generate that much wind, yet in wind-heavy cities, this would be a great addition to roads.
The Turbine Lights Uses Cars to Power Lighting
1. Sustainable Technology - The trend of utilizing renewable energy sources to power various devices and infrastructure.
2. Energy Harvesting - The trend of capturing and converting energy from the surrounding environment to power electronic devices.
3. Smart Infrastructure - The trend of integrating technology into infrastructure to enhance efficiency and sustainability.
1. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can explore the opportunity of using wind power to generate electricity for various applications.
2. Smart City - The smart city industry can implement wind-powered highway lamps to enhance the energy efficiency and sustainability of urban roadways.
3. Industrial Design - The industrial design industry can develop innovative turbine light designs that maximize wind energy capture and integration into urban environments.