Tucher & Walther are known for their handmade creations, but this modern take on an old kind of toy is great.
The team have released the steam dragon. Selling for $1500, the toy may not be the greatest for children; however, it is a beautiful looking limited-edition toy. There are only 100 steam-powered dragons being made by the duo.
The Tucher & Walther dragon is available online.
Implications - North American society is fixated on individuality. As such, items which appear exclusive and cater to a specific consumer often fair better than products which are more readily available. Corporations looking to raise the price points of their products can do so by limiting quantities and advertising their wares as prestigious.
Tucher & Walther Create Limited Edition Dragon Design
1. Limited Edition Toys - Creating limited edition toys can appeal to consumers who value exclusivity and prestige.
2. Handmade Creations - The demand for unique, handmade toys creates opportunities for artisanal crafters to cater to a niche market.
3. Steam-powered Toys - Reviving old-school toys with modern steam-powered designs can attract collectors and enthusiasts.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can explore limited edition lines to tap into the demand for exclusive and collectible toys.
2. Artisanal Craft - Artisanal crafters can create handmade toys to cater to consumers seeking unique and one-of-a-kind products.
3. Steam Technology - Developing steam-powered toys can open up new possibilities for innovation in the toy industry.