Planning a quick trip across town using public transit could one day be a matter of simply Googling the route.
Tomorrow, the TTC will consider an offer by the Internet search engine Google, which wants to give commuters free online trip information.
Google has asked the TTC for station, stop, schedule and route data to create a trip planner so commuters could input origin and destination points to get the shortest or fastest routes.
Implications - Traveling, commuting or vacationing can often end up creating stressful and overwhelming situations for certain individuals. Businesses that devote their efforts to make such trips or journeys more organized, convenient and efficient will appeal to the large numbers of individuals within society who find themselves traveling frequently.
TTC and Google Team Up to Create Trip Planners
1. Online Transit Planning - Companies that create user-friendly online transit planners will be in high demand as consumers increasingly seek easy and efficient ways to commute.
2. Real-time Transit Tracking - Developing technology that offers real-time tracking of public transit will revolutionize the transportation industry and lead to improved customer service and satisfaction.
3. Personalized Transit Recommendations - Using machine learning algorithms to create personalized transit recommendations based on individual commuter habits and preferences has the potential to transform the way people commute.
1. Transportation - Transportation companies have the opportunity to invest in innovative technology to improve transit planning and tracking, making commuting more efficient and stress-free for their customers.
2. Software Development - Software developers can create user-friendly transit planning apps and tools to meet the growing demand for easy and efficient commuting solutions.
3. Machine Learning - Machine learning companies can harness transit data to predict commuter behavior and offer personalized transit recommendations, disrupting traditional transit planning and improving the commute experience.