Photographer and artist Richard Tuschman re-creates Edward Hopper’s paintings with tribute photos in a series called, ‘Hopper Meditations.’ This series was created as a powerful response to Tuschman’s great appreciation for the original paintings and artwork by Edward Hopper.
Tuschman states from an excerpt on Flavorwire, “I have always loved the way his paintings, with an economy of means, are able to address the mysteries and complexities of the human condition.” Seeing an artist inspire a person to such a degree is a testament to how powerful and influential the world of arts can be.
This series of tribute photographs shows the value in the theatrical quality of Hopper’s artworks. The original paintings and new series of photos captures unexpected one-of-a-kind moments that give us plenty to think about as we peer into the creative works.
Photographer Richard Tuschman Re-Creates Edward Hopper’s Paint
1. Tribute Photography - Opportunity for photographers to pay homage to iconic painters and their works through re-creating their paintings in photographs.
2. Artistic Influence - Recognition of the profound impact that art can have on individuals, inspiring them to create their own interpretations and responses.
3. Theatrical Realism - Appreciation for the theatrical quality and unique moments captured in artwork, encouraging artists to explore new ways of storytelling.
1. Photography - Disruption in the photography industry as photographers explore new creative techniques to pay tribute to iconic painters.
2. Fine Arts - Possibilities for collaboration between fine artists and photographers in re-creating iconic paintings through tribute projects.
3. Visual Arts Education - Opportunity for art educators to incorporate tribute projects into their curriculum, teaching students about the influence of famous painters on contemporary art.