Tree Spirits Knotted Maple is probably the world's first store-sold maple syrup brandy. Bruce Olson and Steve Buchsbaum are the masterminds behind this spirited maple treat. The two of them originally opened up a winery, but as time progressed, they decided to experiment with apple cider and sap from maple trees.
Tree Spirits Knotted Maple provides a unique drinking experience and you're paying for it. A 375-milliliter bottle of Knotted Maple costs $35.99.
Implications - An indication of changing social conventions, adding alcohol to everyday products has become a very common practice in recent years. Coffee, maple syrup and other edibles have all had spirits infused into them with great success. One must keep in mind, however, that businesses looking to make everyday products more 'fun' have to keep taste and texture compatibility in mind.
Tree Spirits Knotted Maple Will Perk Up Your Pancakes in the Morning
1. Alcoholic Edibles - The increasing trend of adding alcohol to everyday edible products provides an opportunity for businesses to create unique , upscale experiences with a high price point.
2. Spirited Infusions - The trend of infusing spirits into food items like syrup and coffee creates disruptive innovation opportunity in the food and beverage industry, blurring the lines between traditional categories.
3. Craft Beverage - The innovative alcoholic maple drinks such as Knotted Maple provides opportunity for businesses to enter craft beverage industry and appeal to consumers who value unique, small-batch products.
1. Food and Beverage - Businesses in the food and beverage industry should consider experimenting with alcohol infusion to create unique, upscale products and tap into a growing market of adult consumers looking for new, novelty experiences.
2. Craft Distilleries - The trend of experimenting with unusual ingredients like maple syrup and apple cider in craft distillery premises presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create unique and artisanal spirits.
3. Premium Retail - The high price point of alcoholic maple drinks such as Knotted Maple provides an opportunity for businesses in premium retail industry to market exclusive, luxury products that appeal to consumers who value unique items and indulgence.