PHIPPS introduces its new collection designed for the Fall/Winter 2020 season and it is entitled the 'tree hugger collection.' It explores outdoorsy themes that are also sustainable, showcasing the worldly concerns around the conservation and protecting forests. The capsule was displayed on the runways of Paris Fashion Week and celebrates what the brand describes as the "brotherhood of their worldly guardians."
This effort continues to push forward the brand's mission to work closer to transparent production and sustainability in the fashion industry. There are new materials used in the seasonal capsule including recycled feather down, Steiff wool, and Pinatex pineapple leaf leather. The fleece hoodies and smocked tops also feature prints by Linda Westin, a photographer from Sweden.
Image Credit: PHIPPS
PHIPPS' Tree Hugger Collection Prepares for Fall/Winter 2020
1. Sustainable Fashion - Exploring outdoorsy themes with a focus on sustainability in fashion.
2. Transparent Production - Working towards transparency in production processes in the fashion industry.
3. Ethical Materials - Using innovative and eco-friendly materials in fashion design.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for brands to incorporate sustainability and eco-friendly practices in their designs.
2. Photography - Collaboration opportunities between fashion and photography, incorporating unique prints on clothing.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Demand for innovative and sustainable materials in the production of fashion apparel.