Everlane often works closely with adidas in support of sustainable concepts, but its latest is a new branch label entitled 'Tread by Everlane.' The inaugural brand arrives with the mission to create the world's lowest impact sneaker, noticing the problem of the prominent use of plastic.
The label works hard on trying to eliminate the use of plastic by deciding to offset the entirety of the carbon emissions from the sneaker production process. It works together with a third party, NativeEnergy to offset the process. Everlane General Manager of Footwear and Accessories Alison Melville states that The vast majority of the greenhouse gas impact of our products comes from the on-farm activity of raising cattle [...] our cattle come from the US. We're working with a project here in the American grasslands to do an offsetting project as close to the source as possible."
Tread by Everlane is a Label Working to Offset Carbon Emissions
1. Low-impact Sneaker Production - Opportunity for innovative brands to develop sustainable sneaker production processes with reduced carbon emissions.
2. Plastic Reduction - Potential for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry to find alternatives to plastic and decrease its usage.
3. Carbon Offset Partnerships - Growing trend of brands collaborating with third-party organizations to offset carbon emissions and promote sustainability.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - Companies in the footwear manufacturing industry can explore low-impact production methods and partnerships to reduce their carbon footprint.
2. Sustainability Consulting - Consulting firms specializing in sustainability can support brands in developing and implementing strategies for carbon offsetting and plastic reduction.
3. Renewable Energy - Increasing demand for renewable energy solutions to contribute to carbon offsetting initiatives of brands in various industries.