Hong Kong artist Lu Pingyuan's Mr. Potato Head iteration turns the quirky, beloved character into a unique Toy Story collectible. Inspired by the abstract and cubist approach of Picasso, the creative twists and manipulates the cult-favorite animated character's aesthetic to create a curious shape that loosely ties to the original.
What inspired Lu Pingyuan's concept was a scene in the animated movie, where Mr. Potato Head gets his parts all tangled up. The Toy Story collectible is about 25 centimeters tall and will be available in extremely limited quantities — just 35. The artist appropriately titles the abstract mini sculpture 'LOOK! I'm Picasso."
Without a doubt, the Mr. Potato Head figurine will delight consumers who are nostalgic about the Toy Story franchise and long for creatively unique memorabilia.
Lu Pingyuan Turns Mr. Potato Head into a Toy Story Collectible
1. Abstract Collectibles - Opportunity for artists and designers to create unique and artistic versions of popular collectible characters.
2. Limited Edition Memorabilia - Opportunity for brands to release highly exclusive and limited quantity merchandise to appeal to nostalgic fans and collectors.
3. Cubist-inspired Artwork - Opportunity for artists to explore abstract and cubist approaches to reimagine well-known characters and create visually intriguing pieces.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for artists and designers to create limited edition collectibles and artwork based on popular characters.
2. Merchandise and Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity for brands to capitalize on nostalgia and release highly limited edition collectibles for fans and collectors.
3. Film and Animation - Disruptive innovation opportunity to collaborate with artists and designers to reimagine iconic characters in unique and artistic ways, creating interest and buzz among fans.