Those that remember the original Bandai Tamagotchi virtual pet and who have been looking for a way to relive their experience with the toy pet will be able to do so with news of a re-release now announced.
The 2017 Bandai Tamagotchi is now available for purchase in Japan and brings back the same pixelated graphics as well as the six original characters. The new Tamagotchis are roughly half the size of the original devices, which makes them markedly different from the 90s toy pets that garnered a serious following across Japan, North America and Europe.
The Bandai Tamagotchi comes as a decidedly nostalgic release from the toy brand and are able to be purchased online through Amazon for those in North America looking to get their hands on the toys ASAP.
The Bandai Tamagotchi Toy Pet is Being Re-Released
1. Virtual Pet Resurgence - The re-release of Bandai Tamagotchi virtual pets signals a renewed interest in this nostalgic trend.
2. Pixelated Aesthetic - The use of retro graphics and design in the new Tamagotchi toys taps into the popular desire for vintage nostalgia.
3. Miniaturization - The smaller size of the new Tamagotchi toys could pave the way for more compact versions of popular toys and devices.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The resurgence of virtual pets could inspire toy manufacturers to create new versions of classic digital toys.
2. Video Game Development - Advancements in technology could lead to more sophisticated virtual pet games and experiences.
3. E-commerce - The availability of the new Tamagotchi toys through online retailers like Amazon highlights the increasing importance of e-commerce in toy sales.