It's a dream that's been pursued for years by governments, energy companies and automakers so far without success: Mass-producing affordable hydrogen-powered cars that spew just clean water from their tailpipes.
So Shanghai's Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies decided to start small. Really small.
This month, it will begin sales of a tiny hydrogen fuel-cell car, complete with its own miniature solar-powered refueling station. The toy is a step toward introducing the technology to the public and making it commercially viable.
1. Hydrogen-powered Cars - Opportunity to develop and market affordable, mass-produced hydrogen-powered cars that emit only water vapor, revolutionizing the automotive industry.
2. Miniature Solar-powered Refueling Stations - Disruptive innovation potential in creating miniature solar-powered refueling stations, paving the way for widespread adoption of hydrogen fuel-cell technology.
3. Public Adoption of Hydrogen Technology - Emerging trend in the public's increasing interest and acceptance of hydrogen technology, opening up opportunities for investment and development in this sector.
1. Automotive - Transformative potential in the automotive industry to develop and manufacture hydrogen-powered cars, creating a sustainable and zero-emission transportation future.
2. Energy - Potential for disruptive innovation and investment in the energy industry, with the development of miniature solar-powered refueling stations and advancements in hydrogen fuel-cell technology.
3. Toys - Opportunity for the toy industry to promote education and awareness of hydrogen technology through the sales and marketing of miniature hydrogen fuel-cell cars and solar-powered refueling stations.