The idea of lightness is certainly not present in the actual composition of the Totem Light, for it's been constructed from a core of concrete with a cap of wood. Looking more like an abstract sculpture than a table lamp, this one-of-a-kind item brightens up the room in more than one way.
Alexandre Dubreuil used the cement-based mixture to create the solid cylindrical body of this minimalist light. A slight ridge was molded into the form, on which the lampshade can rest. This donut-shaped hood is what holds the functional LEDs, which are cast directly down. When pieced together, the Totem Light seems to emit an ethereal glow, absorbed gently by the concrete and remaining soft yet sufficient for the eyes.
Despite its Name, the Totem Light Embodies Quite a Heavy Composition
1. Concrete Lighting - The trend of using concrete as a material for lighting fixtures presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the lighting industry by offering a minimalist and industrial aesthetic.
2. Sculptural Lighting - The trend of creating lighting fixtures that resemble sculptures offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in the home decor industry by providing unique and artistic lighting solutions.
3. Minimalist Design - The trend of creating minimalist lighting fixtures provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the furniture industry by developing products that offer functionality through simplistic design.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can capitalize on the trend of using unconventional materials and sculptural designs for lighting fixtures, which can open up new avenues for innovation.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can benefit from the trend of sculptural lighting by creating unique and artistic lighting solutions that can enhance the look and feel of a room.
3. Furniture - The furniture industry can leverage the trend of minimalist lighting design by offering functional and simplistic lighting fixtures that match the minimal aesthetic of modern homes and workspaces.