UK retailer Topshop has continued to grow in popularity due to its clothing that mixes current and fashion-forward styles and its newest collection looks towards both the past and the future for inspiration.
Called the 'Reclaim' collection, the brand's newest project features clothes made only from upcycled materials -- ensuring that the clothes' production process was as sustainable as possible. While Topshop is often guilty of falling victim to the "fast fashion" practice, its attempts to counter some of those effects are important. The clothing is clearly influenced by the cropped tops, spaghetti straps, playful graphics and denim that was so popular in the 90's.
By finding inspiration from the past and fusing that with the concerns of the future, Topshop has managed to create a collection that will be popular with its core demographics.
Topshop Has Released its New Eco-Friendly 'Reclaim' Collection
1. Upcycled Clothing - The rise of upcycled clothing collections is an opportunity for sustainable fashion brands to showcase their environmentally conscious practices.
2. Retro-inspired Fashion - Retro-inspired fashion is a growing trend that presents an opportunity for new brands to capture the attention of nostalgic consumers.
3. Fast Fashion Alternatives - The demand for eco-friendly fashion is an opportunity for brands to offer alternatives to fast fashion and cater to consumers who prioritize sustainability.
1. Sustainable Fashion - The rise of upcycled clothing collections is an opportunity for sustainable fashion brands to showcase their environmentally conscious practices.
2. Retail - The demand for eco-friendly fashion presents an opportunity for retail companies to offer sustainable fashion options and differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
3. Fashion Design - The trend towards retro-inspired fashion is an opportunity for fashion designers to reinterpret past styles in new and creative ways.