This shoot by Tony Duran is yet another controversial piece for the celebrity photographer's portfolio. With racy prints featuring Beyonce, Lindsay Lohan and Brad Pitt, this shoot should be a breeze for Tony Duran.
The gender-bending spread features male models Eric Anderson and Erik Sims dressed in everything from raccoon-wear to women's wear. The result is a truly artistic spread that Tony Duran can be proud of.
Implications - As North American society moves towards a much more egalitarian mode of social mentality, the fashion industry is actively demonstrating this shift through androgynous photo shoots and fashion shows. This conveys the fashion industry itself as progressive and forward thinking. Corporations looking to convey similar ideals can capitalize on this androgynous movement and incorporate gender-bending design elements into their products and services.
The Eric Anderson and Erik Sims Shoot by Tony Duran
1. Androgynous Fashion - Fashion industry is shifting towards androgynous photo shoots and fashion shows, creating innovation opportunities for corporations to incorporate gender-bending design elements into their products and services.
2. Gender-fluidity in Modeling - Male models dressed in women's clothing, as seen in this gender-bending spread, convey progressiveness and forward-thinking, leading to innovation opportunities in the modeling industry.
3. Egalitarianism in Society - The shift towards more egalitarian social mentality in North America is being mirrored in fashion with androgynous and gender-bending designs, creating innovation opportunities for businesses to convey similar ideals.
1. Fashion - Innovative fashion design incorporating androgynous and gender-bending elements is an opportunity for disruption in the fashion industry.
2. Modeling - Incorporating gender-fluidity in modeling, as seen in this gender-bending spread, creates opportunities for disruption in the modeling industry.
3. Advertising - Advertising incorporating androgynous and gender-bending designs can convey progressiveness and forward-thinking, leading to disruption in the advertising industry.