Food technology startup Tomorrow Farms has launched a flavored milk brand called 'Bored Cow,' which will offer plant-based alternatives that are nearly identical to traditional dairy. The company accomplishes this by using animal-free whey produced by Perfect Day, another food tech company specializing in vegan alternatives.
Tomorrow Farms takes Perfect Day's whey, which is made using a unique microbial fermentation process and adds to it its own blend of vitamins, minerals, and natural flavors to replicate the taste and texture of milk. In addition, the new plant-based milk boasts an impressive macronutrient profile, packing eight grams of protein per cup.
"We believe the Bored Cow brand will be synonymous with this exciting new category, offering an alternative to cow’s milk and plant-based milks that don’t compromise on taste, nutrition, texture, and, most importantly, the future of our planet," said Tomorrow Farms CEO Ben Berman.
Image Credit: Tomorrow Farms
Tomorrow Farms Launches Plant-Based Dairy Brand, 'Bored Cow'
1. Plant-based Dairy Alternatives - The growing demand for plant-based dairy alternatives presents an opportunity for food tech companies to innovate and develop new methods of creating animal-free whey and replicating the taste and texture of traditional dairy products.
2. Microbial Fermentation Process - The microbial fermentation process used to create animal-free whey by companies like Perfect Day presents an opportunity for innovation in the food technology industry and sets a new standard for sustainability and animal welfare.
3. High-protein Plant-based Milk - The increasing demand for high-protein plant-based milk products presents an opportunity for food tech companies to innovate and develop new blends of vitamins, minerals, and natural flavors to create a macronutrient-rich milk alternative.
1. Food Technology Industry - Food tech companies have an opportunity to disrupt the traditional dairy industry with innovative plant-based dairy alternatives and sustainable production methods.
2. Sustainability Industry - The use of animal-free whey and microbial fermentation processes in the production of plant-based dairy alternatives presents an opportunity for the sustainability industry to promote and support companies who prioritize animal welfare and environmental sustainability.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The increasing demand for high-protein plant-based milk products presents an opportunity for the health and wellness industry to promote and support companies who develop nutritious and macronutrient-rich milk alternatives.