You might require a quick lesson before you're able to read the TokyoFlash Subway LCD Watch. It is a digital watch, of course, but its method of display is quite unconventional. Designer Peter Fletcher was inspired by the interactive and updating metro maps of big cities and the way that the public have come to understand them as a unique visual language.
The broad face of the futuristic timepiece presents a gridded arrangement of the numbers 0 through 9 in a seemingly random order. A tap to the sensitive screen will produce a set of lines that encircle and link either four or six digits. Reading the characters in the order of their linear connections, you'll discover the current hour, the minute and possibly the seconds on the TokyoFlash Subway LCD Watch.
The TokyoFlash Subway LCD Watch Can be Read by the Linking Lines
1. Interactive Timepieces - There is an opportunity to create watches that have unconventional methods of displaying time, which can improve the accuracy of reading and create a new visual language.
2. Connected Chronographs - There is a trend towards watches that require a deeper understanding of visual cues and patterns to tell time, which can lead to the creation of precise and well-designed watches.
3. Futuristic Watch Design - There is a growing demand for watches that break the traditional mold of time-reading and achieve a more avant-garde look, which can inspire cutting-edge fashion and design.
1. Watchmaking - There is an opportunity for watch companies to design innovative and unique watches that speak to the changing needs and visual preferences of consumers.
2. Consumer Technology - There is a chance for tech companies to create interactive and intuitive devices, such as watches, that challenge the traditional way of thinking, and offer a new way of experiencing and interfacing with technology.
3. Fashion Design - There are opportunities for fashion designers to embrace time-displaying as a part of the broader fashion experience, where time-reading is an integrated object of apparel and fashion, and predictive of cutting-edge trends.