To make packaging more useful, many familiar designs are being reworked so that they can be used for other purposes after they have fulfilled their primary purpose, as seen in these toilet paper packs from Violeta. The brand's 100% recycled toilet paper comes in a 100% recyclable waste bag that can also be used to dispose of trash—rather than going to waste itself. This two-in-one packaging design helps to address overproduction and plays a small part in minimizing the need to produce extra plastic.
While there is still a lot of packaging from household products that will end up in the trash, this solution helps to at least make sure that unwanted materials end up in the landfill.
Image Credit: Saatchi & Saatchi Croatia, Violeta
Violeta's Toilet Paper Packs Can Be Used to Take Out the Trash
1. Multi-purpose Packaging - Designing packaging that can serve multiple functions beyond its primary use offers an opportunity for companies to address overproduction and minimize waste.
2. Recyclable Packaging - Creating packaging that is 100% recyclable can help companies reduce their environmental impact and meet sustainability goals.
3. Waste Reduction Packaging - Developing packaging that can be repurposed to reduce the amount of waste that goes into landfills offers an opportunity for companies to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.
1. Household Products - Companies that produce household products can explore innovative packaging solutions that reduce waste and create value for consumers.
2. Retail - Retailers can collaborate with suppliers to promote more sustainable packaging practices and offer eco-friendly alternatives to customers.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies can invest in new technologies and materials that make packaging more sustainable and enhance consumer convenience.