Perusing the latest footwear collection at Nine West, my eyes were rattled when they happened upon a pair of toeless boots. Isn't the whole point of boots to keep your feet warm? And the ideal excuse to skip getting that costly pedicure?
I couldn't find an image, but Nine West isn't the only shoe retailer offering the strange style. Peep-toe boots have been seen in the spring/summer collections (I'm not sure if fall/winter would be weirder or not) from brands including Moschino who offers the Cheap and Chic toeless bootie in patent purple, then there's the Calipo Peep Toe Bootee and best of all, the butterfly silk brocade LoPresti Design "Jade" Boots.
The style has also been seen on style icons like Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan and Sarah Jessica Parker.
I completely understand the desire for Bootie Pies; the convertible boots have toes that retract, perfect for at-home pedicures, or drying your tootsies while lounging in-spa.
Contradictory Shoe Fashion?
1. Toeless Boots Fashion - The rise of toeless boots has opened the door for footwear manufacturers to create more daring and unique shoe designs.
2. Convertible Footwear - The emergence of boots with retractable toes presents an opportunity for manufacturers to create adaptable footwear that can be worn in different weather conditions.
3. Celebrity-inspired Footwear - Toeless boots - as seen on Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, and Sarah Jessica Parker - highlight the influence celebrities have on fashion trends, and the potential for manufacturers to capitalize on this influence.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - Toeless boots represent a disruptive innovation in the footwear industry and manufacturers have the opportunity to create new designs and capitalize on this trend.
2. Fashion Industry - Toeless boots have the potential to shake up the fashion industry by challenging traditional ideas of what constitutes fashionable footwear.
3. Spa and Relaxation Industry - Retractable-toed boots like Bootie Pies present an opportunity for the spa and relaxation industry to innovate and create new experiences for customers during pedicures and other treatments.