'Archi[ten]sions' recently designed a tiny backyard studio that is reserved for creative writing. Although the idea of having a room solely dedicated to one's literary pursuits may seem unusual, the concept is fairly common in the UK. This lovely little studio offers an American take on a time-honored tradition.
The tiny backyard studio is located in a residential neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York. Upon first glance, the studio appears very simple. However, the inside reveals an unusual shape that is intended to inspire creativity. The walls are made from bright pine plywood and the room itself is minimally furnished. In fact, the only furniture inside the studio is a folding table and a small chair.
The idea behind the writing shed is to provide a quiet and distraction-free environment for writers to let their imagination run wild.
This Tiny Backyard Studio is Reserved for Creative Writing
1. Backyard Writing Studios - Designing compact and inspiring spaces dedicated to creative writing.
2. Minimalist Creative Spaces - Creating distraction-free environments with minimal furniture and bright, natural materials.
3. Residential Writing Retreats - Constructing dedicated spaces for literary pursuits within residential neighborhoods.
1. Architecture and Design - Opportunities for architects and designers to create unique and compact writing studios.
2. Furniture and Interior Design - Demand for minimalistic furniture and interior design elements for distraction-free creative spaces.
3. Real Estate and Home Improvement - Potential to offer writing retreat options as a selling point in residential neighborhoods.