Arranger Scott Bradlee of ‘Postmodern Jukebox’ has teamed up with the Tee Tones to create a retro-style ‘Timber’ cover that just might be catchier than the original. The country-infused collaboration between Pitbull and Ke$ha has been dominating the radio since its October release, becoming a guilty pleasure for many. Now, you can enjoy the infectious tune with a surprising 50s-style flair.
Of course, the lyrical content (“twerkin in their bras and thongs -- timber!”) sounds a little funny with the jazz accompaniment, but that’s all the more reason to love it.
Postmodern Jukebox pride themselves for providing an “alternate history of pop music.” Their previous covers include vintage-sounding arrangements of popular songs by artists such as One Direction and Miley Cyrus.
This Timber Cover Showcases a Retro Take on Pitbull’s Tune
1. Retro-style Music Covers - Opportunities to create vintage-sounding covers of modern popular songs for a unique and nostalgic musical experience.
2. Alternative Histories of Music Genres - Opportunities to showcase the evolution and blending of music genres by creating covers that mix elements from different eras.
3. Innovative Music Collaborations - Opportunities to create unexpected music collaborations that capture the spirit of different music eras.
1. Music Entertainment - There are opportunities for music entertainment companies to diversify their content by producing and promoting retro-style covers of popular music.
2. Music Production - There are opportunities for music production companies to specialize in creating nostalgic and vintage-sounding music covers.
3. Social Media and Streaming Platforms - There are opportunities for social media and streaming platforms to promote and showcase innovative music collaborations and covers for a new generation of music fans.