To kick off the new year, Starbucks Canada recently unveiled three new beverages that will appeal to those looking for non-dairy options. The new line up includes the Honey Oat Latte, the Pistachio Latte, and the Pistachio Frappuccino® Blended Beverage.
The honey oat latte combines the delicious taste of Starbucks Blonde Espresso with honey, piecing the beverage together with a Toasted Honey topping, "a tribute to all things sweet and salty." The Pistachio Latte, on the other hand, features Espresso and milk to create a creamy and comforting beverage that brings out notes of brown butter and real pistachio. Lastly, the Pistachio Frappuccino® Blended Beverage is made with coffee, milk, ice, and finished with whipped cream and a rich brown-buttery topping.
Since Canadians overall are consuming less dairy, oat beverages have become a rapidly accepted dairy alternative. Starbucks Canada is catering to this emerging consumer lifestyle with delicious new options that incorporate the flavors its consumers adore with the ingredients they desire.
Image Credit: Starbucks Canada
Starbucks Canada Unveils Three New Beverages to Kick Off 2021
1. Non-dairy Coffee - Catering to the increasing demand for non-dairy coffee and beverages, companies can explore developing innovative and unique flavor combinations using alternative milks.
2. Alternative Milk - As consumers continue to seek out alternative milk options, there is an opportunity for companies to innovate and create new plant-based milk alternatives beyond the traditional options of soy, almond, and oat.
3. Sweet and Salty - With the popularity of sweet and salty flavor combinations, food and beverage companies can develop unconventional yet delicious drinks by incorporating unique flavor pairings.
1. Coffee Shops - Coffee chains can capitalize on the trend towards non-dairy offerings by adding more dairy-free options to their menus, thus catering to the increasing consumer demand and preferences.
2. Plant-based Milk Industry - The plant-based milk industry can identify alternative milk options beyond the traditional offerings and explore creative ways to incorporate these alternative milks not only in coffee shops but in other foods and beverages as well.
3. Flavor and Food Pairing Industry - There is an opportunity for the flavor and food pairing industry to collaborate with coffee shops to create unique and unconventional drinks that offer a sweet and salty flavor profile, capitalizing on the growing demand for this flavor combination.