The Thread Shelf is quite a large piece of furniture, yet it embodies a definite aesthetic lightness, considering its broad dimensions. From the front, the storage system looks a great deal like the IKEA Expedit Shelf, but visibly much thinner in structure; get a glimpse of it from the side, however, and you'll appreciate its surprisingly delicate design.
Up close, you can see that the composition of the bookcase is somewhat lattice-like, consisting of many slender strips of material that align into horizontal ledges and crisscross with the vertical elements. This grate-like effect makes the Mikiya Kobayashi half as heavy as it would otherwise be, plus the whitewashed Thread Shelf permits the penetration of light from all sides.
The Thread Shelf Has a Fine Profile From Side-Long Perspectives
1. Lattice-like Storage Systems - Opportunities for minimalist and lightweight storage systems that incorporate latticed patterns to reduce material usage while maintaining strength.
2. Thin-structured Furniture - Advancements in furniture design to create products with broad dimensions while maintaining a finely detailed and thin structure.
3. Penetrable Shelves - Innovations in the design of shelves that can permit light from all sides, improving visibility and accessibility for the users.
1. Furniture Design - Creating modern and innovative designs for furniture that incorporate minimalism and efficient use of materials.
2. Interior Design - Development of interior designs and layouts that integrate minimalist furniture and maximize space efficiency.
3. Home Decor - Market opportunities for lightweight and visually penetrable storage systems as home decor that complements modern and contemporary aesthetics.