Thomas Babeau's latest editorial for REVS Magazine showcases both his incredible fashion photography skills, as well as several sleek evening wear designs.
Starring the dark and brooding model Caroline Von Meissner, this editorial, appropriately titled 'Caroline,' features several eye-catching, geometrically based looks. The geometric qualities of the designs refer to the perfect symmetry featured in each of the ensembles, as well as the ensembles' starkly straight lines and A-line shapes. One ensemble in particular accentuates these features. Consisting of a simple black dress and heels, this outfit might sound pretty unoriginal at first. However, the dress's shape features three-quarter length sleeves and a large bubble skit, giving it almost a vase-like shape that complements perfect Von Meissner's shape.
With these ensembles, both Babeau and REVS have demonstrated that soft, flowing and typically feminine lines are not the only way to dress for formal evenings. With contemporary women's fashion heading in a more androgynous direction, these designs strike the perfect balance between past and present, feminine and masculine.
Thomas Babeau's Editorial for REVS Features Sleekly Brooding Designs
1. Geometric Evening Wear - Designers can explore geometrically based looks that feature perfect symmetry, starkly straight lines, and A-line shapes for striking evening wear.
2. Androgynous Fashion - Fashion designers can explore the balance between past and present, feminine and masculine ideals to create contemporary androgynous styles.
3. Sleek Photography - Fashion photographers can showcase sleek evening wear designs through their photography skills, creating an edgy and dramatic visual narrative.
1. Fashion - Fashion houses can capitalize on geometrically based designs and androgynous styles to create striking and contemporary collections.
2. Photography - Photographers and fashion magazines can collaborate to showcase sleek evening wear designs, creating edgy and dramatic visual narratives that highlight the details and craftsmanship of the clothing.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can explore fashion trends such as Geometric Evening Wear to create stylish and sophisticated wedding or event designs that provide a modern take on formal wear attire.