Fashion's Spring season has seen some intricate designs, but none as interesting as the Thom Browne Men's Spring '16 Collection. While most designers chose to revive 70s style and retro punk looks, Browne looked far east for Japanese influence.
Infamous for his suit designs, the American designer created a menswear line that blends his iconic aesthetic with a cultural spin. The Spring '16 Thom Browne man will be wearing sack suits with patched pockets, plain weave wool, pinstripes and folkloric motifs that tell a story. Even though it is a Spring collection, this line features a dark color palette consisting of black, gray, white, Columbia blue and silver.
Aside from the suits, the Thom Browne Men's Spring '16 Collection also offers metallic kimonos in Mount Fuji chenille yarn jacquard.
The Thom Browne Men's Spring Collection is Riddled with Japanese Influence
1. Japanese-inspired Menswear - There is an opportunity to innovate by exploring more Japanese-influenced menswear that blends cultural aesthetics with modern designs.
2. Folkloric Motifs in Menswear - Designers can incorporate folkloric motifs into menswear designs for a unique and culturally inspired aesthetic.
3. Dark Color Palettes in Spring Fashion - Using dark colors like black, gray, and silver in Spring fashion can create a bold and distinct look.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers can explore Japanese-inspired menswear and incorporate folkloric motifs into their designs to create unique collections.
2. Textile Industry - Exploring the use of cultural aesthetics and creating fabrics like Mount Fuji chenille yarn jacquard can create new opportunities for the textile industry.
3. Luxury Industry - Designers can incorporate dark color palettes into high-end collections for a bold and unique look that separates them from the rest of the luxury market.