Rick Owens added a new twist to retro bell bottoms by giving a pair of boots, not pants, a modern twist.
The designer added black leather boots to pieces like skinny jeans to create the illusion of flared pants. They looked as though they could be zipped up again for a less dramatic look. Some other looks weren't as eye catching, yet thigh high leather boots were seen paired with multiple ensembles, the majority of which were rouched or slouchy.
It was all part of his Fall 2008 collection he showed at Paris Fashion Week.
Rick Ownes Flares Out
1. Thigh High Zipper Boots - A trend towards incorporating high boots to create the illusion of flared pants offers the potential for new and innovative twists on classic clothing styles.
2. Rouche Accenting - The use of rouched and slouchy clothing and accessories alongside thigh high boots could inspire trends that emphasize comfort and ease as well as style.
3. Skinny Jeans with a Flared Twist - Incorporating the zipper boot style to tight-fitting bottoms creates a balance between poise and flare that provides a new take on youth culture.
1. Fashion Retail - The fashion industry could use zipped boots to create a resurgence for flared leg clothing, leading to the potential for profitable new lines.
2. Cultural Events - Thigh high boots could be marketed as a statement piece for cultural events such as music festivals, providing a unique and bold fashion experience.
3. Clothing Accessories - Fashion artists and designers could create new art-piece like clothing accessories as a result of the added dynamic the boots provide towards creating a distinct look.