The Mini Three keyboard (designed by Art Lebedev) is the first OLED keyboard in the world available for purchase. It has three keypads, each key is a standalone computer and monitor thanks to integrated OLEDs ( organic light-emitting diodes). Once you have downloaded the configurator software and connected the keyboard to a free USB port, you are able to begin using your Mini Three.
While browsing the web, Mini Three can be configured to tell you that you have new mail, at the same time you can have details of the weather and a photograph of the album you are playing displayed. The keys display full colour images that can be animated at 3 frames per second. Purchase the Keyboard in a choice of either aluminium or black.
Plug-ins drive the different applications that are configurable to your Mini three which comes with a couple of standard plug-ins to begin with. There are a number of others available on the Art Lebedev website.
The possibilities are infinite for the enthusiast who would enjoy developing all sorts of plug-ins for the Optimus Mini Three. Tests, libraries and Protocol Descriptions are available at optimus-mini.artlebedev.com/downloads.
The configurator is used to programme different layouts by assigning a variety of functions to each key and by using your normal keyboard, you can toggle between several different layouts as and when you need them.
This small addition to your regular keyboard is set to become indespensible and can be purchased for approximately $159,96 through the Art Lebedev Website or one of their official distributors. Place your orders soon however, the first batch is already sold out.
1. OLED Keyboards - Designing OLED keyboards opens up opportunities for creating innovative and customizable computer peripherals.
2. Configurable Key Layouts - The ability to program different key layouts offers disruptive innovation potential for enhancing user productivity and customization.
3. Plug-in Development - The development of plug-ins for keyboards like the Optimus Mini Three can lead to new and unique functionalities tailored to user preferences.
1. Computer Peripherals - The computer peripherals industry can leverage OLED technology to create more advanced and feature-rich keyboards.
2. Software Development - Software developers have the opportunity to create configurable key layout programs and plug-ins for OLED keyboards, expanding customization options for users.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can benefit from selling innovative and customizable keyboards like the Optimus Mini Three, appealing to tech enthusiasts and professionals.