The Nest thermostat now has the ability to warn users about potential issues with an air conditioner or furnace. Google is testing the new feature that looks for irregular patterns in an HVAC system. The Nest thermostat will then determine if heating or cooling times are too long, and it can then notify the user through email. Nest thermostat owners in either Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Las Vegas or San Diego, could also have the ability to notify a professional through the system.
Overall the new feature could streamline fixing an air conditioner or furnace through detection to contacting a professional service. Additionally, it could save Nest thermostat owners money, as they would detect irregular patterns much sooner.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The Nest Thermostat Can Detect Irregularities with an AC or Furnace
1. HVAC Efficiency Monitoring - Nest thermostat's new feature of detecting irregular patterns opens up opportunities for HVAC companies to offer innovative efficiency monitoring services.
2. Proactive Maintenance Services - The Nest thermostat's ability to detect irregular patterns can create an opportunity for proactive maintenance services for HVAC systems.
3. Iot Enabled Thermostats - Nest thermostat's new feature opens up opportunities for IoT enabled thermostats that monitor and detect irregular patterns in HVAC systems.
1. HVAC Services - The Nest thermostat's new feature could disrupt and innovate the HVAC service industry.
2. Smart Home Automation - The feature could drive innovation in the smart home automation industry.
3. Iot-based Appliances - Nest thermostat's new feature can drive innovation in the IoT-based appliance industry for creating IoT-enabled thermostats.