It took a 21-year-old a few minutes to come up with an idea which has made him more than one million dollars in four months. So what’s his secret?
It started with a blank notepad, an overdraft and a shortage of socks. Now it’s a million-dollar business.
Last August, as a three-year degree loomed, Alex Tew lay on his bed in his family home in Cricklade, Wiltshire. It was time for his nightly brainstorming session.
This time, the problem was his finances. He already had an overdraft, which was sure to multiply at university, and he felt his poverty was reflected by his lack of decent, or matching, socks.
Young Entrepreneur Gets Lucky With His Brainstorming
1. Innovative Business Ideas - The success of Alex Tew’s million-dollar idea indicates the value of brainstorming and coming up with unique solutions to everyday problems.
2. Youthful Entrepreneurship - Alex Tew's success is an inspiration for young entrepreneurs who are looking for innovative ways to start earning money.
3. Brainstorming as a Productivity Tool - Alex Tew’s million-dollar idea proves that all it takes is a few minutes of creative thinking to generate a disruptive business idea.
1. E-commerce - Alex Tew’s million-dollar idea involved creating a website, providing insight into the potential for e-commerce businesses to attain high levels of profitability and success.
2. Fashion - Alex Tew’s success indicates that there is room for innovation and profitability in the fashion industry, specifically the production of socks.
3. Personal Finance - Alex Tew's focus on his personal finances highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the personal finance industry through solutions that address common financial problems.