Aiming to diversify its clientele, Chinese auto company SAIC-GM-Wuling unveils its pastry-themed electric car, the Macaron. The tiny car model boasts three different pastel colors. The company worked closely with paint maker Pantone to design the specific hues. As part of the Hong Guang Mini series, buyers will be able to select from Avocado Green, Lemon Yellow, or White Peach Pink.
Under the hood, the Macaron boasts a 27-horsepower electric motor, with a 13.9 kWh battery and a 106-mile range. Some of its upgraded safety features include low-speed pedestrian warnings, reversing camera with rear park sonar devices, and a driver-side airbag. The Macaron will enter production in 2022 and can fit four passengers.
Image Credit: Dornob
The Macaron by SAIC-GM-Wuliung is a Pastel-Colored Electric Vehicle
1. Pastry-themed Cars - Integrating food and fashion with the automobile industry could be a disrupting innovation opportunity for the future, inspiring new generations of vehicle lovers.
2. Electric Cars with Unique Designs - Developing electric cars with unique characteristics and designs could be a great opportunity to stand out from the competition, especially considering the growing number of eco-conscious consumers.
3. Collaborations Between Auto and Paint Companies - Increased collaboration between auto and paint companies could yield more customized designs and finishes that cater to specific market segments.
1. Automotive - Innovative design and safety features are increasingly important to attract new customers to the automobile industry.
2. Auto Accessories - Entrepreneurs can seize the opportunity of producing pastry-themed accessories for pastry-themed cars.
3. Paint Manufacturing - Any paint manufacturer looking for an untapped market for custom-made paint will find many opportunities in the customized car market.