In collaboration with Sharp, Walt Disney unveiled a range of mobile phones under the code "Cinderella". The phone is currently reserved for distribution in the Asian market where it is available in Pink Diamond, Crystal Clear and Brown Topaz theme colours.
Most of the information regarding this phone is in Japanese, so here is a list of the featured specs:
* 3G/HSDPA support;
* Size: 49x101.5x16.3 mm;
* Weight: 111 grams;
* Main 2.6" 240x400 Mobile ASV 260K color display;
* External 0.5" monochrome OLED 60x32 display;
* 2Mpix CMOS camera with QVGA MPEG4 video recording;
* 50 MB built in memory;
* microSD support;
* 40 tone ringtones;
* TV tuner;
* IR port.
The Cinderella Mobile from Sharp
1. Branded Mobile Phones - Disney's collaboration with Sharp shows that branded mobile phones can be a successful venture.
2. Regional Product Releases - The Cinderella Mobile is currently being released exclusively in the Asian market, showing the viability of regional product releases.
3. Feature Bloat - The Cinderella Mobile features several add-ons including a TV tuner, which highlights a trend towards smartphone feature bloat.
1. Telecommunications - The collaboration between Sharp and Disney highlights opportunities for telecommunications companies to collaborate with content providers.
2. Consumer Electronics - Branded mobile phones such as the Cinderella Mobile demonstrate a potential market for consumer electronics companies seeking new product launches.
3. Media and Entertainment - Disney's collaboration with Sharp shows how media and entertainment companies can leverage their brands to expand into new product categories.