A group of researchers is hoping to make therapy more accessible to everyone with their innovative AI known as Textpert Empathetic Virtual Interface, or T.E.V.I. The project is being developed by a group of UCLA AI researchers known as Textpert, in collaboration with USC's Institute for Creative Technologies. While T.E.V.I's development is gradual, the researchers estimate that the software will be able to maintain full conversations by the end of 2018, and will be working as a full-time therapist by the end of 2019.
Textpert Empathetic Virtual Interface is currently available for demo and its interface and general AI already looks quite impressive. The interface is simple and only requires users to type a question into a simple text box and ask T.E.V.I to analyze. T.E.V.I will then give give a few responses including the significance of each word and a best estimate on how relevant the users search it in regards to socializing, health, dating, or other topics. T.E.V.I still requires a bit of fine tuning, but these early tests have shown the AI's ability to analyze statements and accurately present thoughtful responses.
Image Credit: Mashable
Textpert Empathetic Virtual Interface is a Virtual Therapist Powered by AI
1. Ai-powered Therapists - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the mental health industry by utilizing AI-powered virtual therapists.
2. Accessible Therapy - Disruptive innovation opportunity to make therapy more accessible to everyone through AI-powered virtual therapists.
3. Enhanced Conversational AI - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the field of conversational AI by developing AI-powered therapists to maintain full conversations.
1. Mental Health - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the mental health industry through AI-powered virtual therapists.
2. Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the technology industry by developing AI-powered therapy solutions.
3. Artificial Intelligence - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the artificial intelligence industry by utilizing AI for virtual therapists.