Testcard is the product of a small health and technology start-up that can can determine whether or not an individual has a urinary tract infection.
The card is equipped with four pull-out tabs -- each tab, containing three small pads and a QR code. Users simply urinate on the card or dip the card in urine and wait to see if the three small pads change color. If a color change is witnessed, users can log into the accompanied app and scan the QR code with a smartphone. After a brief 20 seconds, the app will be able to relay the analyzed data back to the user, confirming whether or not the individual has a UTI.
'Testcard' Can Determine Whether or Not One Has a UTI
1. Personal Urine Analysis - There is an opportunity to disrupt the personal health market by creating other low-cost, easy-to-use urine analysis products.
2. App-integrated Diagnostics - Other health diagnostic services can integrate with an app to offer quick analysis and interpretation of user-collected data.
3. Smartphone-enabled Testing - Using a smartphone's camera or other features, there is potential to create other diagnostic tests that can be analyze and interpret data using a smartphone app.
1. Healthcare - Innovations in personal diagnostic testing could greatly improve efficiency and accessibility in clinical healthcare settings.
2. Consumer Electronics - Smartphone-enabled testing expands the potential for the use of smartphone technology in other industries and settings beyond diagnostics.
3. Education - There is an opportunity to create educational tools and resources that help users better understand what their collected data means for their overall health and wellbeing.