What would you do if you won the state lottery? Bryon Woods, a Texan diesel mechanic used his US$49 million win to buy a piece of American history while simultaneously fulfilling his wife's childhood dream of sleeping in an authentic tee pee tent.
50 miles west of Houston, Woods bought and restored the Tee Pee Motel, a group of 11 tan teepees, 10 of which have been renovated to include modern amenities including barbecues, air conditioning, satellite TV and high-speed internet access.
"Woods decided not to advertise, instead relying on a website, a page on MySpace and word of mouth," the Canadian Press said. "And it didn't take long for word to spread."
The Woods couple wasn't in it for a profit; this business was all about passion to them and living their dreams, having something no one else has.
If you love the idea of modernized camping, you'll love the luxury glamping resort on Canada's West Coast:
Tee Pee Motel
1. Authentic Experiences - The trend highlights the consumer's preference for more authentic and unique experiences that fulfill their cultural and social interests.
2. Niche Tourism - The trend focuses significant attention on developing unique and niche tourist destinations and businesses that provide immersive experiences to their customers.
3. Word-of-mouth Marketing - Word-of-mouth marketing has risen to the forefront as one of the most cost-effective and trusted ways of promoting a business to potential customers.
1. Hospitality - There is an opportunity for businesses in the hospitality industry to cater to the growing demand for authentic experiences, niche tourism, and unique accommodations.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry can establish themselves as a niche player in the market and develop unique offerings that cater to the interests of the consumers and provide immersive experiences.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry can take advantage of the growing trend of word-of-mouth marketing and develop targeted campaigns to reach their audience more effectively.