The Teatum Jones Fall 2018 collection focuses deeply on three specific emotions -- joy, sadness, and hope. Catherine Teatum and Rob Jones found that these three emotions are the prominent ones uniting a group of women they believe embody their brand. They applied this idea into their new fall collection by splitting the series into three chapters of color, representing each emotion. There are silhouettes such as flowing dresses, oversized coats, exaggerated sleeves, structured suits, and knitwear.
The Teatum Jones Fall 2018 collection shows joy with a color palette of red, pink, raspberry, and cornflower blue shades. Sadness is expressed with dark navy blue and ivory colors and hope is recalled with shades of white and cream, along with floral prints, and a mustard colored suit.
Image Credit: Teatum Jones
The Teatum Jones Fall 2018 Line Translates Joy, Sadness, and Hope
1. Emotion-infused Fashion - Opportunity to create fashion lines that evoke specific emotions and connect with customers on a deeper level.
2. Color-coded Collections - Chance to design collections that utilize color to represent different emotions, allowing consumers to express themselves through their clothing choices.
3. Personalized Emotional Fashion - Potential to develop customizable fashion lines that adapt to the wearer's emotions, creating a unique emotional experience.
1. Fashion Design - Innovation in incorporating emotions into fashion collections opens up new possibilities for designers to connect with consumers.
2. Psychology - Opportunity for psychologists to collaborate with fashion designers to explore the impact of clothing on emotions and mental well-being.
3. Technology - Integration of wearable technology or smart fabrics could enable clothing to change color or react to the wearer's emotions, revolutionizing the fashion industry.