With black tea body scrubs and green tea toners, consumers have been making the most of tea-infused skincare products for years. While consumers are familiar with the benefits of soothing chamomile and antioxidant-rich matcha, purple tea is also beginning to be introduced into personal care products as well.
One of the newest products from Shea Terra Organics is the Kigelia Purple Tea Peptide Face Serum Age Defense, which boasts anti-aging and antioxidant properties. The product is powered by all-natural peptides, Kigelia Africana (also known as the "sausage fruit") and purple tea sourced from Kenya’s volcanic mountains.
The brand notes that "unlike green tea, purple tea contains anthocyanin, which causes the coloration of healthy fruits such as blueberries. Purple tea also provides skin an infusion of free radical-fighting antioxidants."
Shea Terra's Tea-Infused Skincare is Packed with Potent Antioxidants
1. Tea-infused Skincare - The trend towards infusing skincare products with tea, specifically purple tea, is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the beauty industry.
2. Anti-aging Serums - The growing demand for all-natural, anti-aging serum products presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the skincare industry to incorporate unique and beneficial ingredients like purple tea.
3. Peptide-powered Skincare - The use of naturally-derived peptides in skincare, such as the ones found in Shea Terra's Kigelia Purple Tea Peptide Face Serum Age Defense, presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies looking to offer effective and natural anti-aging solutions.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry can capitalize on the trend toward tea-infused skincare products and natural anti-aging serums, as well as explore the use of unique ingredients like purple tea to provide customers with differentiated products.
2. Health and Wellness - The use of natural ingredients, specifically purple tea, in skincare products presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the health and wellness industry to offer products that provide both cosmetic and health benefits.
3. Food and Beverage - The trend towards using unique ingredients, such as purple tea, in skincare products presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the food and beverage industry to explore new ways to incorporate these ingredients into their products, creating new value and differentiation for customers.