Eco-friendliness should be repaid with equally amicable treatment, striking a delightful dialogue as the Tactil Bicycle Rack does with neighborhood cyclists. This design by Barcelona's Santa & Cole evades the conventional industrial and ugly look of many pushbike parks and rather embodies a charming sculptural quality through the use of Cor-Ten steel.
The 4P1B Design Studio project comprises a flat rectangular stake which stands nearly as tall as the average bicycle seat. Without remaining too stark and rigid, the bike rack bollard has been embellished by the excision of a sinuous and elongated arm, extending upwards into an open five-fingered hand. The outline of the limb is completely enclosed within the durable material, providing a secure place to loop a bike lock. The Tactil Bicycle Rack allows enough space for a pedal to be pushed into the base to hold a two-wheeler steady.
The Tactil Bicycle Rack Gives a Friendly Wave to Local Cyclists
1. Eco-friendly Bicycle Racks - Opportunity for creating aesthetically pleasing and environmentally friendly bike racks.
2. Sculptural Bike Rack Designs - Opportunity for designing bike racks that have a unique and artistic appearance.
3. Secure Bike Storage Solutions - Opportunity for developing bike racks with secure locking mechanisms to deter theft and vandalism.
1. Urban Design - Opportunity for urban planners and designers to incorporate visually appealing and functional bike racks into city infrastructure.
2. Outdoor Furniture - Opportunity for outdoor furniture companies to integrate bike racks into their product offerings.
3. Security Systems - Opportunity for security companies to develop innovative bike rack locks and anti-theft solutions.