Seems like one birthday boy really likes tacos by the looks of this massive Taco Bell Birthday Cake. To be honest, it's hard to look at this baked wonder and think of it as a dessert. It looks so realistically savory that the idea of it being sweet just does not jive with me.
Created by Laura LeClair Kelley for her son's 12th birthday, the Taco Bell Birthday Cake wasn't necessarily made because he loved tacos. Instead, it went with the fun fiesta theme of the birthday party.
To prove that the Taco Bell Birthday Cake is actually sweet, Kelley provides the ingredients. Those include rolled out snicker-doodle dough with chocolate jimmies for the shells, frosted chocolate rounds cut in half for the inner cake, coconut 'lettuce,' orange Starburst 'cheese' and melted marshmallow 'sour cream.'
The Taco Bell Birthday Cake Sets the Fiesta Mood
1. Realistic Dessert - Opportunity for innovative bakers to create desserts that mimic savory dishes, creating a unique and surprising dining experience.
2. Fiesta-themed Parties - Growing trend of themed parties that incorporate specific cuisines, presenting opportunities for event planners, caterers, and decorations manufacturers.
3. Unconventional Cake Ingredients - Emerging trend of using unconventional ingredients in cake-making, opening up creative possibilities for pastry chefs and home bakers alike.
1. Bakery - Opportunity for bakeries to offer realistic dessert options, attracting customers looking for unique and visually-striking treats.
2. Event Planning - Rise in demand for fiesta-themed parties presents a growth opportunity for event planning businesses to offer specialized services and experiences.
3. Food Manufacturing - Manufacturers of unconventional cake ingredients can tap into the trend of experimenting with unique flavors and textures in cake-making.