This bold and creative ad for Australian beer Victoria Bitter (VB) showcases the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Orchestra Victoria playing VB's commercial theme song with empty beer bottles.
The YouTube video only lasts 1:22 but the artistic dexterity and adroitness displayed by these skilled musicians as they perform with the empty bottles is astounding!
Implications - Commercials like this are the kind of thing that people would talk about the next day at work -- even if they weren't necessarily customers of this specific brand in the first place. When companies create an ad that is entertaining and impressive independently of its product or message, they have the ability to turn even those viewers who aren't their customers into vectors of their brand's message and identity.
Victoria Bitter Ad
1. Creative Ads - Opportunity for companies to showcase their brand through unique and unforgettable ads such as using empty beer bottles as musical instruments.
2. Artistic Performances - Opportunity for musicians to showcase their talent in creative ways such as using unconventional instruments.
3. Viral Marketing - Opportunity to create content that has the potential to go viral and attract attention to a brand.
1. Beer Industry - Opportunity for beer companies to differentiate themselves through unique and creative marketing campaigns.
2. Music Industry - Opportunity for musicians to explore new ways of presenting their music and talent.
3. Advertising Industry - Opportunity for advertising agencies to create innovative and attention-grabbing content for their clients.