Digital door locks are great for increasing capabilities and overall security but are hard to use by those with visual impairments which is what the Swing Door Lock aims to solve.
Designed by Byoung-Keuk Kim, a student of the Konkuk University in South Korea, the lock system is integrated into the handle and allows the user to simply shift the lock to different positions to mimic the turning of a safe dial. This allows them to maintain the security and convenience capabilities of traditional technology door locks without having to deal with keypads or fingerprint identification systems.
The Swing Door Lock is a great piece of equipment for those with visual impairments but also shows great promise for virtually anyone who wants a simple way to keylessly enter their home.
The Swing Door Lock is Turned to Unlock for Easier Utilization
1. Accessible Door Handles - The Swing Door Lock offers an accessible solution for those with visual impairments.
2. Intuitive Lock Technology - The Swing Door Lock utilizes an intuitive method of lock manipulation that is easier for many to use.
3. Home Security Innovation - The Swing Door Lock is a step towards more secure and convenient home security solutions.
1. Assistive Technology - The Swing Door Lock is an innovation in assistive technology for individuals with disabilities.
2. Smart Home Technology - The Swing Door Lock is an example of innovative smart home technology focused on safety and convenience.
3. Lock and Security Systems - The Swing Door Lock is a disruptor in the lock and security systems industry with its unique approach to lock manipulation.