'Sweet Addictions Candy Co.' is a boutique candy store in Toronto's hip Dundas West neighborhood. More than just a store that sells various confectioneries, Sweet Addictions Candy earns its keep by focusing on rare, obscure, and foreign options.
The wares in Sweet Addictions Candy belie the shop's straightforward name. Though candy is certainly in abundance in the store, it also offers soft drinks, cereals, cookies, snacks -- essentially anything that would be well suited to spoil one's dinner.
The only consistent theme that runs through the candy in Sweet Addictions is that consumers would have trouble finding it anywhere else in the city. Often, that's because the snacks are usually only available in foreign countries, as with Curlywurly bars or Trix cereal.
'Sweet Addictions Candy' Sells Foreign and Rare Confectioneries
1. Foreign Candy Shops - Entrepreneurs can capitalize on the popularity of foreign or rare confectionaries by creating specialty candy shops that cater to specific consumer tastes.
2. Boutique Snack Shops - Retailers can take advantage of the growing demand for unique snacks and beverages by opening specialty stores that offer a wide range of products from around the world.
3. Obscure Confectioneries - Innovation opportunities exist for candy makers to create unique and rare confectioneries that appeal to niche consumer markets and stand out from traditional candy options.
1. Retail - Entrepreneurs can disrupt the traditional confectioneries market by opening specialty candy stores that offer unique and foreign options.
2. Food and Beverage - Manufacturers can create unique snack and beverage options to cater to niche markets and to increase sales through both traditional retail channels and boutique stores.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Tourism businesses can capitalize on the popularity of obscure and foreign confectioneries by offering candy tours that highlight unique and hard-to-find sweet treats from around the world.