Currently gathering funds through a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGogo, Seed Eyewear is on a mission to make sustainable and elegant bamboo sunglasses with a cause -- with every pair of sunglasses purchased, you donate to help plant 5 new trees.
The sunglasses offered in Seed Eyewear's first production run offer a unique take on some classic frame designs, with the main twist being that all the frames are made with 100% bamboo (making them lightweight and sturdy) and stained to either black or dark brown. They include spring hinges and double polarized revo lenses.
The company is raising the funds to fund the first production run as well as hopefully plant hundreds of trees in the process. It plans to work with a handful of tree planting organizations, helping communities that rely on their forests.
The sunglasses can be pre-ordered on their IndieGogo campaign page and are offered at a deeply discounted price for the duration of the campaign.
Every Purchase of This Eyewear Plants Five New Trees
1. Sustainable Eyewear - Opportunities for incorporating sustainable materials and eco-friendly practices into eyewear production
2. Tree Planting Initiatives - Opportunities for incorporating tree planting initiatives into product sales and marketing
3. Crowdfunding Campaigns for Social Causes - Opportunities for crowdfunding campaigns that combine social causes with product sales
1. Eyewear Industry - Incorporating sustainable materials and eco-friendly practices into eyewear production
2. Environmental Conservation Organizations - Partnering with companies to incorporate tree planting initiatives into product sales and marketing
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - Partnering with companies to offer crowdfunding campaigns that combine social causes with product sales