Supreme and Stone Island work in collaboration on a new collection designed for the Spring/Summer 2022 season. The two forces are no strangers to one another, having worked together before. This time, the two deliver an expansive range that includes a plethora of staple designs and outerwear options.
The exclusive pieces are ready for any adventure with water-resistant resin-coated materials on a nylon material, which can be seen on the Reversible Faux Fur Parka and the Reactive Ice Camo Ripstop Jacket -- this is notably heat-sensitive. Those who want a more muted option can opt for the Cordura shell jacket that has water-resistant sensibilities and is available in the tonal options of either black or a bright yellow.
Image Credit: Supreme
Supreme and Stone Island Join Forces for the Spring 2022 Season
1. Functional Streetwear - There is an opportunity for other streetwear brands to collaborate with technical clothing brands, creating functional and stylish clothing for the outdoors.
2. Water-resistant Materials - The use of resin-coated materials demonstrates a demand for clothing that can withstand the elements, which could be an opportunity for sustainable and eco-friendly materials built for functional outerwear.
3. Reactive Materials - The utilization of heat-sensitive reactive materials in clothing can pave the way for other innovative style choices using materials that react to the wearers' surrounding environments.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry will need to keep up with the demand for innovative and functional clothing that can be used for daily wear and outdoor activities.
2. Sportswear - The sports industry may benefit from integrating high-tech fabrics into their clothing lines to provide athletes with functional clothing that is also practical for daily wear.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Textile manufacturers may consider exploring the creation of eco-friendly, recyclable, and sustainable materials with water-resistant qualities for the creation of functional outerwear.