At this year's British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA), mobile communications company EE will be launching a '4GEE Style Scanner' that will enable viewers to shop their favorite looks straight from the red carpet.
"Who are you wearing?" is one of the most-asked questions on the red carpet, and while the average person will not be able to outfit themselves in custom head-to-toe couture, the technology will give fans the chance to get affordable versions of their favorite outfits.
The 4GEE Style Scanner will photograph celebrities' looks and using image recognition technology and EE’s fast 4G network, the styles will be paired with cost-friendly alternatives in real-time. At the awards event, EE will be using a camera rig fitted with Google Pixel 2 smartphones to capture stars' outfits at 12 different angles.
EE Will Be Testing a 'Style Scanner' on BAFTA's Red Carpet
1. Red-carpet E-commerce - The development of technology that allows viewers to shop for red-carpet styles in real-time opens up opportunities for the fashion industry to monetize on their most glamorous moments.
2. Real-time Image Recognition - The advancement of real-time image recognition technology creates opportunities for businesses to develop virtual and augmented reality applications that enhance customer experiences.
3. Affordable Alternatives - The demand for affordable alternatives to luxury and designer fashion creates opportunities for businesses to develop fast fashion and e-commerce platforms that cater to the budget-conscious consumer.
1. Fashion and E-commerce - The fashion industry can leverage the 4GEE Style Scanner to expand their audience and offer more affordable alternatives to high-end designs through e-commerce platforms.
2. Virtual and Augmented Reality - The use of real-time image recognition technology can benefit virtual and augmented reality industries by creating more accurate and immersive experiences for customers.
3. Fast Fashion - The demand for affordable and fashionable clothing creates a growing market for fast fashion businesses that can quickly produce trendy styles at a low cost.