The Studio WM Barbapoef Stool is sure to add a pop in any room. The seating pieces were created by Wendy Legro and Maarten Collignon, founders of the Rotterdam-based firm Studio WM who work in the field of furniture, lightning and interior design. The duo found inspiration for this playful seating in balloons.
The stool was made using a wooden base that was then covered tightly with a massive colorful balloon. As the user sits and moves around on the seat, the air in the balloon reacts to the user’s body. Each experience is completely different from the next as the ballon embraces the user in various ways.
The quirky seating provides an airy experience that is unexpected from furniture.
The Studio WM Barbapoef Stool Floats Above the Competition
1. Interactive Seating - The Bubbly Balloon Seating offers an interactive and unique seating experience by reacting to the user's body.
2. Playful Furniture Design - The Bubbly Balloon Seating showcases a trend of incorporating playful elements in furniture design to bring joy and whimsy into the space.
3. Innovative Material Applications - The Bubbly Balloon Seating explores the use of balloons as a material in furniture design, opening up opportunities for creative and unconventional use of materials.
1. Furniture - The Bubbly Balloon Seating trend presents an opportunity for furniture manufacturers to create interactive and playful seating designs that stand out in the market.
2. Interior Design - The Bubbly Balloon Seating trend can inspire interior designers to incorporate imaginative and unconventional seating options to enhance the overall aesthetic and experience of a space.
3. Product Design - The Bubbly Balloon Seating trend encourages product designers to explore innovative material applications and create unique seating solutions that captivate and surprise consumers.