Linen has a reputation for being unforgiving with more stiffness and less elasticity than cotton and Universal Standard is enhancing the benefits of this classic material with custom stretch linen. The brand's limited-edition collection shares summery pieces like jumpsuits, tunics, shorts, pants and shirt dresses that are more stretchy and forgiving than regular linen. "If you can develop a linen that looks like classic linen, but has that stretch, it’s more comfortable for anyone who wears it regardless of size,” says Alexandra Waldman, Chief Creative Officer at Universal Standard.
The brand's elegant and inclusive stretch linen designs can be found in sizes from 00 to 40 and colors like Golden Sand and Washed Indigo. The collection combines linen with rayon and elastane to achieve its softness, texture and comfortable high-stretch qualities.
Universal Standard's Custom Stretch Linen is Classic & Forgiving
1. Stretch Linen Clothing - The use of stretch linen in clothing is becoming more popular due to its comfort and forgiving nature, presenting opportunities for brands to innovate and create stylish designs that cater to all sizes.
2. Inclusive & Elegant Fashion - The emphasis on offering desirable fashion choices in an inclusive and elegant manner is a growing trend, providing opportunities for brands to design clothing that offers accessible and fashionable choices to a broader customer base.
3. Sustainable Fabric Development - As brands become more environmentally conscious, the focus on developing sustainable fabric choices like stretch linen presents opportunities to create clothing apparel that is fashion-forward, eco-friendly and comfortable.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can incorporate stretch linen in their designs to create fashionable and comfortable clothing for individuals with varying sizes, body types, and style preferences.
2. E-commerce - The rise of e-commerce allows the fashion industry to reach a wider audience, and inclusive designs like stretch linen clothing can help the industry cater to a more diverse customer base and improve customer experience on online platforms.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Textile manufacturers can develop more sustainable fabric options like stretch linen to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly and comfortable clothing that caters to all sizes and body types.