I wish I was in Stockholm, Sweden right now to enjoy these Street Swings. Or better yet, I hope someone decides to mimic artists Akay and Peter's guerrilla project and set some up around Toronto, Canada.
Featured in their book 'Urban Recreation,' 65 Street Swings were fashioned out of cardboard and put on display. Encouraging a little playfulness in our everyday activities, these swings bring out the kids in us, while also sprucing up boring sidewalks.
Street Swings Puts a Little Fun in Pedestrians' Daily Lives
1. Playful Urban Design - Exploring ways to incorporate playfulness into urban environments through creative seating designs.
2. Guerrilla Art Installations - Utilizing temporary and unconventional art installations to transform public spaces and engage communities.
3. Cardboard Engineering - Experimenting with cardboard as a versatile and sustainable material for creating functional urban installations.
1. Urban Planning - Opportunity for urban planners to integrate interactive and playful seating designs into public spaces.
2. Art and Design - Potential for artists and designers to create guerrilla art installations that inspire creativity and engagement in urban environments.
3. Sustainable Materials - Innovation in using cardboard as a sustainable material for urban furniture and installations, providing a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative.