In an attempt to win over more female gamers, Nintendo is launching Pop Cutie! a street fashion video game simulator for the Nintendo DS. It's merges the fascination with Tokyo street style blogs with the responsibility of owning a fashion store.
If you've missed out on the hyper on street fashion blogs, you can catch up below. For those who know what I'm talking about, Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation turns you into a fashion boutique owner, and one of your jobs is so seek inspiration from the people on the (virtual) streets.
Other activities in the game include opening and decorating the store, designing the clothes, accessories and picking hairstyles (in Tokyo, bald isn't chic). To top it off, you're also in charge of advertising the line.
It's a great idea, but the graphics look a bit young and too "cutsie." What is cool is that it's multiplayer so you can challenge rival boutique owners in "Fashion Battles."
It's virtual trendspotting with a fashion twist!
Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation
1. Fashion Simulation Games - The rise of fashion video game simulators such as Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation can inspire the development of more games that cater to fashion and style enthusiasts.
2. Multiplayer Fashion Games - The addition of multiplayer functionality in fashion simulation games like Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation provides opportunities for social interaction and competition among players.
3. Fashion-inspired Video Games - Game developers can explore other fashion themes and concepts beyond street fashion, such as haute couture and sustainable fashion.
1. Gaming Industry - There is an opportunity for the gaming industry to tap into the growing market of fashion and style enthusiasts through the development of more fashion-themed video games.
2. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can collaborate with game developers to incorporate their products and aesthetics into fashion simulation games like Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation.
3. Advertising Industry - The advertising potential of fashion video game simulators like Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation can lead to the development of innovative and interactive marketing strategies that engage consumers in a fun and immersive way.