Stilleven by Valentin Garal, a Madrilenian designer based in Mexico City, is more than a ladder-like shelving unit, which it will first appear to some. The top portion acts more like a display case that will bring to mind old-school cabinets of curiosities that have been popping up again. Yet the ledge below provides a practical space the designer encourages to be used as a wall desk.
Attached to the side of Stilleven by Valentin Garal is mirror that is both functional and decorative. Created for Peca, it will particularly appeal to those who like to collect and exhibit. As put forth by the designer, "[I]ts wool display can highlight that which we treasure under the clear protection of a glass covering, while a small desk made out of walnut allows us to take a break from our day-to-day in order to catalogue the contents of the mind; the reflections on the mirror are a reminder of our surroundings.
Stilleven by Valentin Garal is Made for Those Who Like to Collect
1. Curiosity Cabinets - The resurgence of cabinets of curiosities presents opportunities for designers to create unique display furniture.
2. Ladder-like Shelving - Combining functionality and aesthetic appeal, ladder-like shelving units offer innovative storage solutions.
3. Multi-functional Furniture - Designers can capitalize on the growing demand for furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as wall desks.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore new designs for curiosity cabinets and ladder-like shelving units to cater to collectors and design-conscious consumers.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can offer a range of ladder-like shelving units and multi-functional furniture to enhance the style and functionality of living spaces.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate curiosity cabinets and ladder-like shelving units into their designs to create visually appealing and functional spaces.