The Steam Spring Cleaning event is giving gamers some sort of incentive to finish all those precious games they've accrued over the years. The event will run from May 24th to 28th, 2018, and will offer players badges for certain challenges related to their specific Steam libraries. These challenges can range from in-game actions to playing the first game they ever purchased, and will even include daily tasks and projects.
To help players take part in the Steam Spring Cleaning event, the company has provided some tools to aid players. The first tool will show players the first game they ever added to their Steam library and will include a challenge to play at least two hours of that title. The second tool will show players a game they have only spent two hours on and will challenge them to play it again. The final tool comes in the form a daily challenge spinner that will give players a random badge for playing a randomly selected game from their library.
The Steam Spring Cleaning Event Has Players Rediscover Old Titles
1. Game-rediscovering - Steam Spring Cleaning Event incentives players to rediscover and finish old games in their libraries.
2. Daily Challenge Gamification - Steam Spring Cleaning Event integrates gamification, providing daily badges for completing in-game challenges.
3. Personalized Steam Library Curation - Steam Spring Cleaning Event encourages players to engage with their unique Steam library.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can use gamification and personalized experiences to engage players with their vast game libraries.
2. Digital Entertainment - Digital entertainment companies can use personalized curation tools to help users rediscover and engage with their libraries of music, movies, and TV shows.
3. Online Retail - Online retailers can incentivize customers to declutter and engage with their past purchases through personalized challenges and gamification.