Pete Lever's stunning steam punk jewelry and cuff links are made from old vintage watch movements from Swiss and Russian watches. The mix of the old and new is intriguing, crafting an industrial feel to the accessories.
The ironic and paradoxical mood of this project is not only through the futuristic and yet old aspect of it, but also through the mechanical and yet elegant look. The pieces are both masculine as well as feminine. Regardless of which perspective one looks at it, this unisex collection is beautifully eye-catching. The pieces are stunning and original, the gorgeous watch movement ring being my favorite.
The steam punk ideal of integrating old features to create an apocalyptic future feel is effectively integrated in Pete Lever's project. It is currently being funded on Kickstarter.
Pete Level Makes New Out of the Old with Jewelry from Watch Movements
1. Steampunk Jewelry - Pete Level's use of vintage watch movements to create unique jewelry pieces creates potential for a new subcategory in the jewelry industry.
2. Industrial Style Accessories - The fusion of old and new elements in Pete Level's pieces can inspire the creation of more industrial-themed fashion and lifestyle products.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Repurposing vintage watch movements for jewelry-making is an innovative way to create sustainable fashion pieces.
1. Jewelry - Pete Level's steampunk watch jewelry creates an opportunity for creating unique and unconventional jewelry pieces.
2. Fashion - Pete Level's industrial-themed accessories can bring a new dimension to fashion products for those looking for a different style.
3. Sustainability - Pete Level's sustainable fashion approach through repurposing vintage watch movements for jewelry-making can inspire a new movement towards more eco-friendly fashion and lifestyle products.