The Starward Octave Barrels single malt Australian whiskey is a new offering from the brand as its first release for the US market for the first time in a while that promises to deliver impressive flavor and quality. The spirit consists of whiskey aged in Australian shiraz wine barrels sourced from Yalumba thanks to a partnership. The smaller size of the barrels increases the wood-to-whiskey ratio to allow for enhanced absorption of the wine's flavor characteristics.
The Starward Octave Barrels single malt Australian whiskey is reported to have dark forest fruit notes with toasted oak on the palate before evolving into a toasted marshmallow finish. The spirit comes in 700ml bottles and is presently available via the distillery's website for $80 each.
Image Credit: Starward Australian Whisky
Starward Octave Barrels Offers a Complex Flavor Experience
1. Barrel-aged Whiskey - Opportunities for distilleries to experiment with different types of barrels to create unique whiskey flavors.
2. Wine Barrel-aged Spirits - Potential for wineries to partner with distilleries to create new products using their barrels and expertise in wine making.
3. Small Barrels for Enhanced Flavor - Opportunities for barrel manufacturers to create smaller barrels that can increase the wood-to-whiskey ratio for a more flavorful end product.
1. Distillery - Distilleries can increase revenue by experimenting with new barrel types and/or partnering with wineries to create unique wine barrel-aged spirits.
2. Winery - Wineries can expand their product offerings and revenue streams by collaborating with distilleries to create wine barrel-aged spirits.
3. Barrel Manufacturer - Barrel manufacturers can create new products such as smaller barrels to increase the wood-to-whiskey ratio and enhance the flavor of spirits for distilleries and wineries.